Preventative Dental Care for Phoenix Area Families
The best way to treat dental problems is to never have them in the first place. While some families just have “bad teeth” that need extra care due to genetic issues, most of us can avoid severe issues with a combination of home care and regular visits to the dentist. At Paradise Valley Family Dental, we love healthy smiles. We strive to give all of our patients the tools they need to take care of their teeth and gums.
What Do I Need to Do for a Healthy Smile?
Smile care begins at home, with extra support from our friendly and supportive hygiene team. Use this list to make sure that you’re up to date on your preventative dental care!
Daily at Home:
- Try to brush your teeth with a fluoridated toothpaste after every meal, or at least twice a day.
- Aim to floss nightly. If you forget, don’t give up! Just work to keep adding this habit to your routine. Even two or three times a week is better than nothing.
- Rinses and Mouthwashes can help, ask us for our recommendations.
- If you can’t tolerate flossing, consider purchasing a water-jet device.
- If you must chew gum, choose brands with xylitol, to fight cavity-causing bacteria.
- Avoid acidic drinks like soft drinks, or drink water after to correct your mouth pH.
- Eat fruits and vegetables
Every Six Months
- Come see us at our Phoenix office for a check-up.
- hile you’re here, we’ll check your gum health and remove any plaque or tartar below the gum line. This prevents gum disease and tooth loss.
- Get a fluoride treatment to strengthen your teeth and prevent cavities.
- Get checked for cavities and schedule times for any necessary fillings.
- Book your next appointment with us.
Once a Year
- Get an oral cancer screening during your dental exam. This catches cancers early and saves lives.
- Get X-rays. X-rays let us spot damage to teeth and jaws that might not be obvious from the surface. The earlier we find problems, the easier it is to treat them. Yearly X-rays save you time and money.
- If you have a head or mouth trauma, such as a sports injury or car accident, come in for X-rays. These injuries can damage the tooth in ways that you might not notice initially, but the hidden damage can cause big trouble down the road.
- If you have sealants to prevent cavities, they may periodically need to be replaced. While some people’s sealants can last a decade or more, mouths with a lot of wear and tear may need fresh sealants every 4 years. During your preventative appointments, we’ll check to see how your sealants are doing.
Booking an Appointment
We are currently booking appointments for both new and established patients. Call today to schedule preventative care and keep your teeth healthy for a lifetime!
Helpful Website Links
The American Dental Association offers a terrific website to learn more about dental care for your entire family.
The American Academy of Periodontology offers numerous resources for patients to learn more about gingival health and periodontal disease.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry provides resources for dental care for children.
Educating yourself on how acidic and sugared beverages, such as, boxed juice, sports - and soft drinks are causing rampant tooth decay in young people.
Our Social Pages
Paradise Valley Family Dental Offers cost saving promotions for our patients.
We have ZOOM! tooth whitening and at-home tooth whitening specials offered when you mention our website.
Call (602) 671-2292 to learn about our dazzling cost saving specials!
Everyone appreciates a bright, healthy and beautiful smile!